Our weight management was designed to be the finest, most effective program we could imagine. The goal is to work with you to create healthy life style in terms of exercise and eating habits that you can maintain for the rest of your life. There’s nothing else like it in the DC area. You get an integrated team of a psychologist, dietitian, and personal trainer, working with you to achieve your goal of permanent weight loss. All sessions are one-on-one, and for maximum convenience, the dietitian and personal trainer come to your home.
1. The quality and comprehensiveness of our program is otherwise available only in much more expensive, residential programs. With PTA you can continue to work a normal schedule and have the advantage of honing your new weight management skills in the context of your normal daily life.
2. All of our staff professionals have the highest level qualifications available in their respective fields:
- Biweekly nutritional sessions are with a Registered Dietitian,
- Weekly then biweekly sessions on lifestyle skills are with a PhD Licensed Clinical Psychologist,
- Twice weekly exercise sessions are with a Certified Personal Trainer.
All of your sessions will be one-on-one. No sharing of sessions with anyone.
3. Most sessions are provided in the privacy and convenience of your home. No battling traffic or long periods in a waiting room.
Our approach to weight loss is not just putting you on a diet. It recognizes that successful, long-term weight management needs to deal with more than the food you eat and your short-term weight loss. It is a lifestyle program that focuses on your overall wellness and on a permanent solution to problems that may have ben bothering you for a long time.
We take a very conservative approach. Your eating plan will be based on natural, whole foods. We do not use diet drugs or ultra low calorie diets, which are counter productive in the long run. We help you make exercise a regular part of your life and assist you in making the behavioral changes necessary to help you manage your weight.
The three members of your team will regularly discuss your progress, determine whether we should make any adjustments in your program, and coordinate our work with you.
At the end of the day, every individual must win their own weight management battle, but study after study shows that the quality of guidance and assistance one receives is the primary determinant of success.
We bring to the convenience of your home everything you need to be successful. If you are serious about losing weight and keeping it off, give us a call on 703-904-0053 Aerobic Fitness.